I’m working with a new client that was founded in 2013 and was officially profitable in January, 2016. They have an aggressive hiring plan for the next 2 years which includes going from 400 people to 1000 globally. They also plan on going public so this is the last year that significant amounts of equity will be given.
The main HQ is here in Midtown Manhattan (New York, NY).
Here is the actual job description. If you’d like more details, feel free to respond. I’m giving the abbreviated version to spare you the same, boring descriptions.
***Hiring a Lead Rails developer and hands-on manager to lead a team of 4. This is a very collaborative and diverse environment with a very specific niche that has grown into something special. This is the type of opportunity most engineering managers and pet lovers dream about.
- Architecture: Solve problems in a way that paves the path for those coming after you. Propose innovative designs & develop robust solutions.
- Feature Delivery: Write well designed, testable and reliable code.
- Code Quality: Promote best practices to continually improve code quality and team productivity.
Team-Oriented: Collaborate with fellow developers to craft maintainable code and communicate the new capabilities to non-developer co-workers who will be excited to use new tools and offer great customer experiences
- You have delivered and maintained on production software in a team environment
- You are an experienced Ruby on Rails developer
- You can design data models and optimize queries -
- You believe in Testing and writing tests in your code.
- You care about delivering a good customer experience and keep them in mind with every keystroke
- You are able to easily dive in, understand, and build on an existing codebase
- Bonus points if you have experience with ecommerce, data analysis, heroku and aws
100% medical and dental coverage from day 1.
Extremely diverse environment, not ego-driven, more female engineers than you’d usually find in dev teams.
Dogs everywhere - 15 to 30 well behaved little pooches at any given time.
Tons of other perks, no max on compensation.