(edge nubie q) what revision of edge rails to use ?

If you are going to use edge rails, you pretty much just do rake rails:freeze:edge and your done. It will just grab the latest trunk from the rails svn repo. I am running on edge frozen two days ago. Usually you can just freeze edge and then if it all works for you , you just leave it frozen until you need to upgrade it to get a new feature.

-Ezra

Adam Madd wrote:

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:   

version?           

So if i am to ue edge rails, what version is best for just the restful features.

Basically i would like to know if those who need edge rails to be as stable as possible, what version do they use and what do they base that decision on ?

adam       

If you are going to use edge rails, you pretty much just do rake rails:freeze:edge and your done. It will just grab the latest trunk from the rails svn repo. I am running on edge frozen two days ago. Usually you can just freeze edge and then if it all works for you , you just leave it frozen until you need to upgrade it to get a new feature.

thanks for the reply.

One last question, is there a place that lists revision milestones. eg this function added at this date ?

You can subscribe to the Trac RSS feed for revisions to trunk(http://dev.rubyonrails.org/log/trunk?limit=100&mode=stop_on_copy&format=rss). Also work subscribing to Ryan's Scraps (Page not found) -- he's pretty hot on describing latest edge features.