Dynamic Links within a namespace

Hello all!

I am new to all of this and I am trying to accomplish something, and I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me…

I am trying to set up a namespace within a dynamic link. I have created an admin namespace and I need to following link to go to ../admin/people/xxx

<div class="inner">   <p><%= link_to(person) do %>      <strong><%= person.fname %> <%= person.lname %></strong>   <% end %></p> </div>

Am I missing something from the controller or what? How do I get this dynamic link to go to the namespace route and not the base page? Does something go in the <%= link_to(person) do %> and if so what? I am just so new to all of this, I am not sure how to solve this problem.

Thanks for any help!

Jason

Why not just use named routes. if you’ve namespaced your admin routes, you should have various routes available to you

This isn’t mentioned in the link_to documentation, but looking at the source it appears you can pass the same sort of thing you’d give polymorphic_path to get namespace routes.

So something like link_to([:admin, person]) do in your example should do the trick.

–Matt Jones

you fail at <%= link_to(person) do %>

You can follow me same as: <div class="inner">   <p><%= link_to admin_person_path(person) do %>      <strong><%= person.fname %> <%= person.lname %></strong>   <% end %></p> </div>

This worked perfectly! Thank you!!!