DOMContentLoaded is triggered with Turbolinks

With Turbolinks pages will change without a full reload, so you can't rely on DOMContentLoaded or jQuery.ready() to trigger your code. Instead Turbolinks fires events on document to provide hooks into the lifecycle of the page.

But I found DOMContentLoaded event is actually triggered when javascript is placed at the bottom of body tag, so for example, DOMContentLoaded will be triggered if I switch between pages using the following layout:

<!DOCTYPE html>   <html>     <head>       <title>Turbolinks</title>       <%= stylesheet_link_tag 'application', media: 'all', 'data-turbolinks-track' => true %>       <%= csrf_meta_tags %>     </head>    <body>    <div id="container">     <%= yield %>    </div>    <%= javascript_include_tag 'application' %> </body> </html>

However, the DOMContentLoaded won't be triggered if javascript is placed in head tag. I read the source code of Turobolinks gem but I still don't understand why. Thanks!

Does Turbolinks still work, and make page loading faster, when you do this? I am about to try this, because I am having issues using sorttable.js in our app with TL turned on