Does the model and the controller share a 1to1 relatioship?

The controller and model do not share a 1 to 1 relationship although in many apps that is what you end up with. It keeps the app simple and easy to understand when you go back to it later.

The think I love about rails is that most of the time when I'm debugging, I read the error and immediately know what the problem is. Recently, I took a look at a rails CMS/Shopping cart called Substruct. It works well but when I tried to customize it, I found I spent most of my time digging through controllers and models trying to figure out how it worked so I could change it for my needs. I could not find a pattern of mapping models to controllers at all and after a while, it reminded me of debugging php apps.

Some apps I've written contain controllers that are not mapped 1 to 1 with models and that is fine because in that instance there was a good reason for it but even in those apps, most of the models/controllers are 1 to 1.

For me, the organization of controllers and models is about keeping the code clean and easy to understand and come back to later.