DL driver for sqlite3-ruby is deprecated and will be removed

Hi everybody, been a while since I posted here (I think I unsubscribed back in the 0.12 days...)

Anyway, I'm having a slight issue with rails here. Nothing is broken but I'm getting this warning message and I'd like to fix the issue before something explodes later on. This is the error message:

The DL driver for sqlite3-ruby is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please update your installation to use the Native driver.

I get this message mostly when running 'rake test', but I also see it every now and then in the webrick output. I just updated to the latest rails using rubygems, but I'm running on MacOSX Tiger which has an older sqlite3 installation (v. 3.1.3 compared to the latest which is 3.3.13). I'm a bit stuck with the software that ships with Tiger as I made poor partitioning choices that have left me with not enough free space to install the developer tools, which are necessary for compiling and installing newer versions of many things.

I'm not sure what it means by using the 'native' driver ... I followed the instructions here: Peak Obsession HowtoUseSQLite and it explained about choosing the highest-numbered "ruby" driver. Is this now wrong?

I suspect this issue is just due to the older sqlite3 version, which will go away when I reformat for Leopard, leaving enough space for the developer tools this time around. Oops :wink:

If anybody has any insight on this issue, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.