Display only by date selected

I have the following code:

Matt Royer wrote:

I have the following code:

----

<h3>Today's Activity</h3> <hr>

<div id="order">   <% @orders.reverse.each do |order| %>      <%= link_to_remote( "#{order.id} &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp #{order.name}" , :url => {:controller => 'orders', :action => 'show', :id => order.id }, :update => "order_div", :method => 'get' ) %>

<% end %> </div>

----

This code works great. Does exactly what I need. I'm displaying the order id and customer name on the order. I have the newest one on top by using the reverse method.

What I need to be able to do is where it has "Today's" in the h3 tag, I want to created a dropdown that people can select: Today, Yesterday, One Week, 2 Weeks, One Month, All, etc.

I don't know what kind of logic I'll need to make sure that the only orders showing are those connected to one of those actions in the dropdown list. Only that I'll need to call the create date field in the db.

I've gone through a few ruby on rails books and a ruby book. This is the my first personal project that I've worked on, so I'm not sure how to complete this. Any help would be appreciated.

Seems like pretty elementary logic... For populating the droplist on the form, you just need a set of items with a defined coding scheme (0 = today, 1 = 1 week, 2 = 2 weeks, 3 = 1 month, 4 = 1 year, 5 = all, or some such).

In the controller interpreting the link_to_remote, it just had to determine: What's today? That tells you the range for yesterday That tells you the range for today through today - 6 days That tells you the range for today through today - 13 days etc etc

Peruse the Pickaxe book... you *do* have one don't you? If not, for shame... (just joking, you should be able to find the appropriate ruby references on the web).

Ar Chron wrote:

Seems like pretty elementary logic... For populating the droplist on the form, you just need a set of items with a defined coding scheme (0 = today, 1 = 1 week, 2 = 2 weeks, 3 = 1 month, 4 = 1 year, 5 = all, or some such).

In the controller interpreting the link_to_remote, it just had to determine: What's today? That tells you the range for yesterday That tells you the range for today through today - 6 days That tells you the range for today through today - 13 days etc etc

Peruse the Pickaxe book... you *do* have one don't you? If not, for shame... (just joking, you should be able to find the appropriate ruby references on the web).

Perfect! Thank you.

I know, elementary stuff here. I'm still trying to figure the ruby part of things out. I've read a couple of Rails book and only a small Ruby book. The Rails books teach minimal Ruby, so I know I need to go back through all of that. Thanks for the tip on the pickaxe book! I'll take a look into that one. Thanks again.