as far as I know, gems can be stored in 2 folders:
When I install a gem, it automatically goes into the 1st folder.
My questions are:
- What are the reasons one should store the gems in the 2nd folder
- Does it have anything to do with deployment/"portability"? If yes,
- How should gems be put in there? Any special command or is copy/paste
- Do apps automatically find the correct location of the gems? Any
config to do?
- How are gems in app/vendor/gems updated? Using the normal gem update
- I'm pretty much a n00b
- I plan to deploy my app to slicehost.com (unless you guys know better
- At slicehost, I will have access to the entire OS (Ubuntu)
Thanks for any help with this!