Devise question

Using Devise and would like to redirect to a different page upon sign-in. There is no controller for Devise sessions, so my question is where is the method associated with a new session so I can redirect signed-in user to a different page (or can I do it in the view below?)? Currently directing to Home/index and want to redirect to Users/show

<h2>Sign in</h2> <%= simple_form_for(resource, :as => resource_name, :url => session_path(resource_name), :html => {:class => 'form-vertical' }) do

f> %>

<%= f.input :email, :autofocus => true %>   <%= f.input :password %>   <%= f.input :remember_me, :as => :boolean if devise_mapping.rememberable? %>   <%= f.button :submit, "Sign in", :class => 'btn-primary' %> <% end %> <%= render "devise/shared/links" %>

Using Devise and would like to redirect to a different page upon sign-in. There is no controller for Devise sessions, so my question is where is the method associated with a new session so I can redirect signed-in user to a different page (or can I do it in the view below?)? Currently directing to Home/index and want to redirect to Users/show

<h2>Sign in</h2> <%= simple_form_for(resource, :as => resource_name, :url => session_path(resource_name), :html => {:class => 'form-vertical' }) do >f> %>   <%= f.input :email, :autofocus => true %>   <%= f.input :password %>   <%= f.input :remember_me, :as => :boolean if devise_mapping.rememberable? %>   <%= f.button :submit, "Sign in", :class => 'btn-primary' %> <% end %> <%= render "devise/shared/links" %>

I ended up doing this:

Create a sessions_helper module:

module SessionsHelper

private

def set_return_path     # Below is the proper way to set a redirect after login with devise     session[:user_return_to] = request.fullpath # This will just redirect back to the last page the user was on.                                                                   # You can change it to the Users/show path once it exists.

end

end

That works after sign in.

If you need to redirect to a specific page after a user updates their account you need to have a registrations controller:

class RegistrationsController < Devise::RegistrationsController

protected

# Customize the Devise after_update_path_for() for redirect to previous page after edit   def after_update_path_for(resource_or_scope)     case resource_or_scope     when :user, User       store_location = session[:user_return_to]       (store_location.nil?) ? "/" : store_location.to_s     else       super     end   end

end

Looks like Devise doesn't automatically have a Users/show view:

new_user_session GET /users/sign_in(.:format) devise/sessions#new             user_session POST /users/sign_in(.:format) devise/sessions#create destroy_user_session GET /users/sign_out(.:format) devise/sessions#destroy           user_password POST /users/password(.:format) devise/passwords#create    new_user_password GET /users/password/new(.:format) devise/passwords#new    edit_user_password GET /users/password/edit(.:format) devise/passwords#edit                                  PUT /users/password(.:format) devise/passwords#update cancel_user_registration GET /users/cancel(.:format) registrations#cancel        user_registration POST /users(.:format) registrations#create new_user_registration GET /users/sign_up(.:format) registrations#new edit_user_registration GET /users/edit(.:format) registrations#edit                                  PUT /users(.:format) registrations#update                                  DELETE /users(.:format) registrations#destroy               user_unlock POST /users/unlock(.:format) devise/unlocks#create        new_user_unlock GET /users/unlock/new(.:format) devise/unlocks#new                                   GET /users/unlock(.:format) devise/unlocks#show

Looks like this Stack Overflow question answers how to do that:

Hope that helps.

Casey

Thank you !

I also found this which seems to work well...

routes.rb:

authenticated :user do     root :to => 'users#show'   end

root :to => "home#index"

Thank you !

I also found this which seems to work well...

routes.rb:

authenticated :user do     root :to => 'users#show'   end

root :to => "home#index"

Nice! That I did not know about.

Casey