Deploying rails 3.1 application to amazon EC2 Instance with Capistrano from local git repository.

I am trying to deploy my rails application to EC2 Instance with Capistrano from local git repository as a "root" user. I am following this http://blog.bhushangahire.net/2010/02/17/setup-capistrano-to-deploy-rails-application-on-amazon-ec2-with-git/ url.

I am having trouble with this step below.

5: Copy your SSH public key to your EC2 node $ scp -i ~/my-ec2-keypair ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub root@ec2-xxx-xxx-xxx- xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com:/root/.ssh/authorized_keys2 NOTE the filename authorized_keys2 – not authorized_keys!!

How can I copy my public key to EC2? when i tried to run command i also get "Please login as the ec2-user user rather than root user."

any help on this appreciated.

I am trying to deploy my rails application to EC2 Instance with Capistrano from local git repository as a "root" user. I am following this http://blog.bhushangahire.net/2010/02/17/setup-capistrano-to-deploy-rails-application-on-amazon-ec2-with-git/ url.

I am having trouble with this step below.

5: Copy your SSH public key to your EC2 node $ scp -i ~/my-ec2-keypair ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub root@ec2-xxx-xxx-xxx- xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com:/root/.ssh/authorized_keys2 NOTE the filename authorized_keys2 – not authorized_keys!!

How can I copy my public key to EC2? when i tried to run command i also get "Please login as the ec2-user user rather than root user."

If you're using the amazon Linux AMIs (the default) then ssh access for root is turned off. I don't know why those instructions tell you to do everything as root - there's really no reason to. I just use the default ec2-user for stuff that doesn't need special privileges

Fred

yes I agree.

There wont be any “login by password” authentication for images that are provided by Amazon.Theres only key based authentication

–Siva

thanks you. it worked. the command I used

scp -i amazon-ec2-ticket-ws-key-pair.pem test.pub ec2-user@ec2-c2-xxx- xxx-xxx-xxx.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:/tmp