Delete routes to Edit?

Hi-

I encountered a problem I have never seen before. For some reason, requests for Destroy are routing to Edit.

Here's the route: DELETE /instructions/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"instructions"}

Here's the call to render it:   <%= link_to 'Delete', instruction, :confirm => 'Are you sure?', :method => :delete %>

This is all from the scaffolding created by Rails. Whenever that link is clicked, it routes the user to the Edit page.

If I look at the logs, it looks like a GET request is made instead of a Delete.

Has anyone seen this before?

are you using rails 3? this problem usually occur if you remove the javascripts to be used to handle the :confirm argument and the csrf meta tag.

Yes, and I did remove the CSRF meta tag.

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Hmm, I uncommented the CSRF meta tag, ensured I was including the default javascripts and restarted, same issue.

I have added my own js files, is it likely a conflict with those?

hmm, just to be sure, try removing the confirm argument and check if it goes to the destroy action.

Nope, I removed the confirm and it still goes to Edit.

hmm. that’s weird. i can’t think of any cause atm.

what js framework are you using?

btw, see if you can figure something out on this thread. http://railsforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=41563

good luck!

It's a JS problem.

I am using a number of mapping libraries but I think the heart of the problem is JQuery, looks like it conflicts with Prototype??

Thanks for your feedback!

It's a JS problem.

I am using a number of mapping libraries but I think the heart of the problem is JQuery, looks like it conflicts with Prototype??

Thanks for your feedback!

Have you replaced the rails.js with the one for jQuery?

-Rob