Delete duplicate records from a 2 dimensional array in rails

Hello,

I am trying to insert elements into an array like this…

@mem = []
@tran = Transport.find_all_by_month_and_vehicle(date,vehicle)
tran.each do |t|
  @mem << [Student.find_by_id(t.mem_id), t.transport_date, vehicle.no] if t.mem_type=="Student"
  @mem << [Employee.find_by_id(t.mem_id), t.transport_date, vehicle.no] if t.mem_type=="Employee"
end

And in the view page I am looping and displaying it as

@mem.each do |m|
  <tr>
            <td><%= link_to m[0].first_name} %></td>
            <td > <%= m[0].age %></td>
            <td id="date"> m[1] </td>
            <td id="vehicle"> m[2] </td>
  </tr>
<%end%>

But I am getting duplicate entries in the table... So I neeed to remove duplicates and display only unique values.. I tries doing
  @mem << [Student.find_by_id(t.mem_id), t.transport_date, vehicle.no].uniq! if t.mem_type=="Student".. But it is not working.. Please help

@tran = Transport.where( date: date, vehicle: vehicle) @mem = @tran.members

Iterate in view

@mem.each do |mem|   mem.name   mem.vehicle

Should work if you have the relations set up. You should go read one or two tutorials about relations and how to set them up.

if you really need to do some processing that gets you an array with duplicate entries and then clean the array at the end of it all. try doing something like

@mem = @mem.uniq

you can probably do @mem.uniq! but i’ve had some cases where that didn’t get me the results i wanted.

uniq can take a block as well if you wanted to unique similar arrays on a specific element:

@mem.uniq { |mem| mem[1] }

Or even on multiple criteria:

@mem.uniq { |mem| [ mem[1], mem[2] ] }

Joel Pearson wrote in post #1121051:

uniq can take a block as well if you wanted to unique similar arrays on a specific element:

@mem.uniq { |mem| mem[1] }

Or even on multiple criteria:

@mem.uniq { |mem| [ mem[1], mem[2] ] }

This was very helpful

Thank you