Debugging Javascript InRails

Hi I want to know how to debug Javascript in Rails

I have made a games program in Rails which works fine but when I try and extend the final app in https://www.railstutorial.org/

withe corresponding files the Javascript dosen’t work properly.

New routes file is below

Rails.application.routes.draw do

root ‘static_pages#home’

get ‘password_resets/new’

get ‘password_resets/edit’

get ‘sessions/new’

get ‘users/new’

get ‘/help’, to: ‘static_pages#help’

get ‘/about’, to: ‘static_pages#about’

get ‘/contact’, to: ‘static_pages#contact’

get ‘/signup’, to: ‘users#new’

post ‘/signup’, to: ‘users#create’

get ‘/login’, to: ‘sessions#new’

post ‘/login’, to: ‘sessions#create’

delete ‘/logout’, to: ‘sessions#destroy’

get ‘game/BlackJack’

get ‘game/Poker’

get ‘game/Yaghtzee’

get ‘game/MasterMind’

get ‘/blackjack’, to: ‘game#BlackJack’

get ‘/poker’, to: ‘game#Poker’

get ‘/yaghtzee’, to: ‘game#Yaghtzee’

get ‘/mastermind’, to: ‘game#MasterMind’

resources :users

resources :game, only: [:BlackJack, :Poker, :Yaghtzee, :MasterMind]

resources :account_activations, only: [:edit]

resources :password_resets, only: [:new, :create, :edit, :update]

end

Working routes file in games program

Rails.application.routes.draw do

For details on the DSL available within this file, see Rails Routing from the Outside In — Ruby on Rails Guides

root ‘static_pages#home’

get ‘game/BlackJack’

get ‘game/Poker’

get ‘game/Yaghtzee’

get ‘game/MasterMind’

get ‘/blackjack’, to: ‘game#BlackJack’

get ‘/poker’, to: ‘game#Poker’

get ‘/yaghtzee’, to: ‘game#Yaghtzee’

get ‘/mastermind’, to: ‘game#MasterMind’

end

Any ideas as to why the Javascript files are only partly working is welcome

Cheers Dave

Hi I want to know how to debug Javascript in Rails

I have made a games program in Rails which works fine but when I try and extend the final app in https://www.railstutorial.org/

withe corresponding files the Javascript dosen't work properly.

You're going to have to get a whole lot more specific about what "doesn't work properly" means. JavaScript could fail for a lot of its own reasons, and then you could have a flaw in your Ruby code that sends it values it isn't prepared to work with.

New routes file is below

Rails.application.routes.draw do   root 'static_pages#home'   get 'password_resets/new'   get 'password_resets/edit'   get 'sessions/new'   get 'users/new'
  get '/help', to: 'static_pages#help'   get '/about', to: 'static_pages#about'   get '/contact', to: 'static_pages#contact'   get '/signup', to: 'users#new'   post '/signup', to: 'users#create'   get '/login', to: 'sessions#new'   post '/login', to: 'sessions#create'   delete '/logout', to: 'sessions#destroy'   get 'game/BlackJack'   get 'game/Poker'   get 'game/Yaghtzee'   get 'game/MasterMind'   get '/blackjack', to: 'game#BlackJack'   get '/poker', to: 'game#Poker'   get '/yaghtzee', to: 'game#Yaghtzee'   get '/mastermind', to: 'game#MasterMind'      resources :users   resources :game, only: [:BlackJack, :Poker, :Yaghtzee, :MasterMind]   resources :account_activations, only: [:edit]   resources :password_resets, only: [:new, :create, :edit, :update] end

Working routes file in games program

Rails.application.routes.draw do   # For details on the DSL available within this file, see Rails Routing from the Outside In — Ruby on Rails Guides   root 'static_pages#home'
  get 'game/BlackJack'   get 'game/Poker'   get 'game/Yaghtzee'   get 'game/MasterMind'   get '/blackjack', to: 'game#BlackJack'   get '/poker', to: 'game#Poker'   get '/yaghtzee', to: 'game#Yaghtzee'   get '/mastermind', to: 'game#MasterMind'    end

Any ideas as to why the Javascript files are only partly working is welcome

Checklist:

1. Are your JavaScript observers aware of TurboLinks, and are they waiting for the `turbolinks:load` event before trying to listen to events?

2. Are you using the Asset Pipeline, and are your scripts being concatenated in alphabetical order (and do they care about their order), or are you specifying their load order in application.js?

3. Do you have tests of your Ruby and your JavaScript? Do you know that they all work independent of one another?

Walter

Problem fixed I needed to recheck some files