DB2 9.7 + Rails 3.0.7 + Ruby 1.9.2 + Win Server 2008 R2 problem

Hi all,

also posted this message here (http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php? thread_id=49785&forum_id=9503), but afterwards I found this group and think it is more suitable to ask that question in this group!

I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 and try to get RoR to work for the last three days. Basically I did the following

1) Installed Ruby 1.9.2 with Ruby installer 2) Installed gem 3) Installed rails 3.0.7 4) installed DB2 with gem install ibm_db

When I enetered irb and executed the command "require 'ibm_db'" as suggested here

I got an error, that the DB2CLI.dll is missing, so I did some internet research and found out here that the installation of "IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC and CLI (Windows/x86-64 64 bit) V9.7 Fix Pack 4" is necessary. So I installed it but the error message still appeared, so I manually copied "C:\db2_cli_odbc_driver\clidriver\bin" to "C: \Ruby192\bin"

When I executed the command "require 'ibm_db'" again, the following error message appeared:

irb(main):001:0> require 'ibm_db' LoadError: 14001: The application has failed to start because its side- by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the comma nd-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. - C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/ 1.9.1/gems/ibm_db-2.5.6-x86-mingw32/lib/mswin32/rb19x/ibm_db.so from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 59:in `require' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 59:in `rescue in require' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 35:in `require' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ibm_db-2.5.6-x86-mingw32/lib/ mswin32/ibm_db.rb:1:in `<top (required)>' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 36:in `require' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 36:in `require' from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ibm_db-2.5.6-x86-mingw32/lib/ IBM_DB.rb:1:in `<top (required)>' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:33:in `require' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:33:in `rescue in require' from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require' from (irb):1 from C:/Ruby192/bin/irb:12:in `<main>' irb(main):002:0>

I also installed VC_redist 2005 and 2010.

I hope that anybody can help me with that problem.

Hi all,

also posted this message here (http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php? thread_id=49785&forum_id=9503), but afterwards I found this group and think it is more suitable to ask that question in this group!

I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 and try to get RoR to work for the last three days. Basically I did the following

1) Installed Ruby 1.9.2 with Ruby installer 2) Installed gem 3) Installed rails 3.0.7 4) installed DB2 with gem install ibm_db

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the gem for ibm_db?

B.

Yeah I have tried that several times, the problem resists. I also installed the 32 bit version of DB2CLI.DLL in the meanwhile but this also didn't do the trick!

hi,

what about running sxstrace.exe from console and paste the output?

does this file exist? C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ibm_db-2.5.6-x86-mingw32/lib/mswin32/rb19x/ibm_db.so

tom

hi!

1) Yes, the file exists 2)

The application event log says:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Ruby192\bin\DB2CLI.dll". Dependent Assembly IBM.DB2.CLI,language="&#x2a;",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="9.1.0.000" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

sxstrace.exe requires an .etl file wich seems to be not produced by ruby!

so,

does the file C:\Ruby192\bin\DB2CLI.dll exist and registered properly? btw, why are you using "require 'ibm_db'" instead of "require 'mswin32/ibm_db'" ?

tom

Sorry, I am using "require 'mswin32/ibm_db'" I just copied the wrong line out from the IBM manual!

the DLL in C:\Ruby192\bin\DB2CLI.dll does exist, how can I check whether it is registered proberly?

Thank you for your help!

Sorry, I am using "require 'mswin32/ibm_db'" I just copied the wrong line out from the IBM manual!

the DLL in C:\Ruby192\bin\DB2CLI.dll does exist, how can I check whether it is registered proberly?

Try registering it again. Here are the steps. They should be good for the version of Windows you are using.

B.

Its not possible for me to execute the command because after I press enter the error "The module 'db2cli.dll' was loaded but the entry- point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that 'db2cli.dll' is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

Any ideas?