database.yml for the ActsAsReadonlyable plugin

Hi,

I'm currently looking at pulling the ActsAsReadonlyable plugin into my rails project but im getting an error when i attempt to run this is development mode as in the console says: No db config entry defined for read_only.

The setup prior to the plugin was:

development:   adapter: mysql   host: 127.0.0.1   encoding: utf8   database: dbv2   username: root   password:

readonlydb_development:   adapter: mysql   host: 127.0.0.1   encoding: utf8   database: dbv2   username: root   password:

any ideas?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Chris Gallagher wrote:

I'm currently looking at pulling the ActsAsReadonlyable plugin into my rails project but im getting an error when i attempt to run this is development mode as in the console says: No db config entry defined for read_only.

The setup prior to the plugin was:

development:   adapter: mysql   host: 127.0.0.1   encoding: utf8   database: dbv2   username: root   password:

Change this:

readonlydb_development:

To this:   :readonly

adapter: mysql   host: 127.0.0.1   encoding: utf8   database: dbv2   username: root   password:

You don't need to identify the entry as belonging to a particular environment. The plugin parses database.yml in sections by environment.

Here's what the development section of mine looks like. It works fine.

development:   adapter: mysql   database: wcpublic_development   username: root   password:   host: localhost

read_only:     adapter: mysql     database: wcpublic_development     username: root     password:     host: localhost

Best regards, Bill

Hi Bill,

So now I have:

read_only:   adapter: mysql   host: 127.0.0.1   encoding: utf8   database: bv2   username: root   password:

... but I'm still getting the same error in the console. I've tried rebooting and loading up the plugin again but to no success.

Actually it all seems to work fine now. I may have had an issue with the .yml file not being parsed correctly.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Chris

Chris Gallagher wrote:

Actually it all seems to work fine now.

Congrats!

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You're welcome.

Best regards, Bill