Custom FormBuilder problems

I'm trying to create my first custom FormBuilder and I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm trying to add a 'field_group' method to my builder that takes a block, but when I yield to the block I seem to be getting duplicate form field entries being produced. Maybe my code will make this clearer:

class LabelledBuilder < ActionView::Helpers::FormBuilder   def self.define_labelled_field_method(method_name)     src = <<-end_src      def #{method_name}(label, method, options = {})        hint_text = options[:hint]        @template.content_tag("tr") do          @template.content_tag("td",            @template.content_tag("label", label.to_s.humanize.titleize, :for => method)) +          @template.content_tag("td", super(method, options) +            (hint_text.nil? ? '' : @template.content_tag("div", hint_text, :class => "field_hint")))        end      end    end_src    class_eval src, __FILE__, __LINE__   end

def check_box(label, method, options = {})     super(method, options) +       @template.content_tag("label", label, :for => method)   end

def field_group(label, &proc)     raise ArgumentError, "Missing block" unless block_given?     @template.concat(yield, proc.binding) # <--- !!!! PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THIS YIELD !!!   end

(field_helpers - %w(check_box)).each do |name|     define_labelled_field_method(name)   end end

If I put this in my view

<% form_for :user, :url => {:controller => :user, :action => :new }, :builder => LabelledBuilder do |f| %>   <table>   <%= f.text_field "user name:", :user_name, :hint => "Enter user name" %>   <% f.field_group "includes:" do %>     <%= f.check_box "box", :terms_of_service %>   <% end %>   </table> <% end %>

the text field and the checkbox are emitted correctly, but then I also get an inner <form> element embedded in the outer <form> element, and the two <input> fields are repeated. Something like this:

<form action="/user/new" method="post">   <table>   <tr><td><label for="user_name">User Name:</label></td><td><input hint="Enter user name" id="user_user_name" name="user[user_name]" size="30" type="text" /><div class="field_hint">Enter user name</div></

</tr>

<input id="user_terms_of_service" name="user[terms_of_service]" type="checkbox" value="1" /><input name="user[terms_of_service]" type="hidden" value="0" /><label for="terms_of_service">box</label>

<form action="/user/new" method="post">   <table>

<tr><td><label for="user_name">User Name:</label></td><td><input hint="Enter user name" id="user_user_name" name="user[user_name]" size="30" type="text" /><div class="field_hint">Enter user name</div></

</tr>

<input id="user_terms_of_service" name="user[terms_of_service]" type="checkbox" value="1" /><input name="user[terms_of_service]" type="hidden" value="0" /><label for="terms_of_service">box</label>

</table> </form>

I believe it has something to do with the call to 'yield' in my field_group method, but I'm not sure why this is happening. Can anybody explain this to me?

TIA, -- bb

I think I figured it out. The problem was related to the fact that I was calling 'yield' within a call to @template.concat, and the block contained <%= %> blocks, so the erb blocks were omitting the fields and so was the call to @template.concat. Seems to be working now.

Thanks anyway, -- bb