Cucumber issues when generating a new rails app.

Hi, please i'm a newbie and enthusiast of RoR. i'm presently studying a book(rails 3 in action). I tried setting a up a new rails app: I've created my cucumber feature. but on running rake db:migrate, it gives a blank output. From the book i'm to expect: (in /home/user/ticketee),

also on running rake cucumber:ok, i don't get any result. Pleas i need help and direction. Thanks

What about:

rake -T

rake --version

in common rake always print out some results, try run your command with --trace. If you have blank output for rake -T and got output rake --version then my guess is that you have exit somewhere in you app(try see in rakefile)

"Андрей Большов" <asnow.dev@gmail.com> wrote in post #1093053:

What about: rake -T rake --version

in common rake always print out some results, try run your command with `--trace`. If you have blank output for `rake -T` and got output `rake --version` then my guess is that you have `exit` somewhere in you app(try see in rakefile)

, 21 2013 ., 19:01:23 UTC+4 Ruby-Forum.com User :

Thanks a lot! I ran with rake -t (this time from the root of my cucumber features directory), what i got was: "rake aborted! "You have already activated rake 10.0.3 but your gem file requires 10.0.2 run bundle exec may resolve this. I ran bundle exec, but still the same error. I followed the stack trace, but could understand the line of code pointed to.

Please permit my being amateur, and thanks in anticipation for your reply!

in common rake always print out some results, try run your command with `--trace`. If you have blank output for `rake -T` and got output `rake --version` then my guess is that you have `exit` somewhere in you app(try see in rakefile)

Thanks a lot! I ran with rake -t (this time from the root of my cucumber features directory), what i got was: "rake aborted! "You have already activated rake 10.0.3 but your gem file requires 10.0.2 run bundle exec may resolve this. I ran bundle exec, but still the same error. I followed the stack trace, but could not understand the line of code pointed to.

Thanks a lot! I ran with rake -t (this time from the root of my cucumber features directory), what i got was: "rake aborted! "You have already activated rake 10.0.3 but your gem file requires 10.0.2 run bundle exec may resolve this. I ran bundle exec, but still the same error. I followed the stack trace, but could not understand the line of code pointed to.

But before you do all that typing, perhaps just put ./bin at the front of you PATH and run bundler like:

bundle install --path vendor --binstubs bin

Then those binaries for the gems will be installed to ./bin/ and you won't have to prefix everything with `bundle exec` to get the benefit of the bundled gems.

-Rob