Creating a tabbed panel

How do I create tabbed panel in RubyOnRails? Like the way it is created in Java, I found nothing here. Is this facility provided? I want to create two tabs and on clicking on first, data related to first should appear and onclicking second first data should get hidden and second data should be shown.

Please help me asap.

Thanks Ekta 9876967932

i don't know, how this is done in Java, but since thos tabs are only links, there are a view simple ways we do this:

for the tab bar itself create a template that can be included in your layout the tabs are link_to either to a normal action or link_to_remote Ajax action depending on the tab that was clicked (of course you could use images for those links) it'll call the right action and render the new view or for Ajax update the content area and the tab bar

EKta wrote:

How do I create tabbed panel in RubyOnRails? Like the way it is created in Java, I found nothing here. Is this facility provided? I want to create two tabs and on clicking on first, data related to first should appear and onclicking second first data should get hidden and second data should be shown.

From the top: RoR is a platform, and Java is a language.

A tab control, like any other advanced but complex thing, should be pluggable, because nobody should declare a One True Tab System for Rails. (Declaring the One True Object Relational Model, ActiveRecord - we will let that one slide!) Different sites need different features in their tabbage.

Finally, always prep a question with Google before asking it here. Anyone who advances Rails knows to put their research someplace where Google can find it. The search [rails tab] returns ~0.5 million hits.

EKta wrote:

How do I create tabbed panel in RubyOnRails? Like the way it is created in Java, I found nothing here. Is this facility provided? I want to create two tabs and on clicking on first, data related to first should appear and onclicking second first data should get
hidden and second data should be shown.

From the top: RoR is a platform, and Java is a language.

A tab control, like any other advanced but complex thing, should be
pluggable, because nobody should declare a One True Tab System for Rails.
(Declaring the One True Object Relational Model, ActiveRecord - we will let that
one slide!) Different sites need different features in their tabbage.

There was a fairly nifty looking tab thingy that I saw at railsconf
europe last year: http://www.seesaw.it/en/toolbox/widgets/

Fred

Fine But basic layout should be provided.

Thanks But this thig can be done by simple buttons. I want the look and feel of tabbed panel. Will you please help. Or send a template of which you are talking...

There was a nice discussion of Tabs on TheRailsWay a year or so ago:

http://www.therailsway.com/2007/6/28/free-for-all-tab-helper-summary http://www.therailsway.com/2007/6/4/free-for-all-tab-helper

The comments on the second link shows a lot of suggestions that different people had.