Creating a link_to from a collection_select

I want to be able to change one attribute of a link_to to be what is the current selection of the collection_select. And needless to say I can’t quite figure it out.

app/views/tasks/show.html.erb

Who would you like to assign this task to?
<%= link_to ‘Myself’, :controller => ‘task_queues’, :task_id => @task.id, :action => ‘assign_to_me’ %> | Assign To: <%= collection_select(“assign”, “user_id”, @users, :id, :full_name )%> <%= link_to ‘Assign’, :controller =>‘task_queues’, :task_id => @task.id, :user_id => ## Current Selection of the collection_select ##, :action => ‘assign_to_other’ %>

This action brings it across to another controller/model where I write the results to the task_queues database.

Any insight or assistance in this would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,

Brian

Shameless bump … can anyone help on this?

Shameless bump … can anyone help on this?

I want to be able to change one attribute of a link_to to be what is the current selection of the collection_select. And needless to say I can’t quite figure it out.

app/views/tasks/show.html.erb

Who would you like to assign this task to?
<%= link_to ‘Myself’, :controller => ‘task_queues’, :task_id => @task.id, :action => ‘assign_to_me’ %> |

Assign To: <%= collection_select(“assign”, “user_id”, @users, :id, :full_name )%> <%= link_to ‘Assign’, :controller =>‘task_queues’, :task_id => @task.id, :user_id => ## Current Selection of the collection_select ##, :action => ‘assign_to_other’ %>

This action brings it across to another controller/model where I write the results to the task_queues database.

Any insight or assistance in this would be greatly apprecaited.

You need to use javascript. In jquery that would be

$(‘#assign_user_id’).change(function() {

$(this).next().attr(‘href’, ‘/task_queues/#{@task.id}/assign_to_other/’ + $(‘#assign_user_id :selected’).val()

I’m not sure how your routes is setup so I’m not sure if I got your url right.