create/unload runtime routes

Hi,

I am trying to create routes at runtime but I am finding this a but of a challenge. I can get it to register as a route using the code below but then when url_for( with_url_options ) is called it throws an on any different fout error:

No route matches {:action=>“index”, :controller=>“admin/scientific_review_processes__1__1s”

When I try to load a different meta model/controller/route I have to stop/start the server and it will work. I want to be able to load and unload controllers/models and routes at runtime but I have yet to make this work correctly.

private
    def create_route(table_name)

#  if Rails.application.routes.named_routes.routes["admin_#{table_name}".to_sym].nil?
        Rails.application.routes.disable_clear_and_finalize = true

Rails.application.routes.draw do
            namespace :admin do
              resources table_name.to_sym do as_routes end
            end
          end
          #binding.pry
          #Rails.application.routes.finalize!
      #  ActiveSupport.on_load(:action_controller) {Rails.application.routes.finalize! }
    #  end
    end

Does anyone know what would make such a thing work in a runtime environment?

Thanks in advance, Mark

Hi,

I am trying to create routes at runtime but I am finding this a but of a challenge. I can get it to register as a route using the code below but then when url_for( with_url_options ) is called it throws an on any different fout error:

No route matches {:action=>“index”, :controller=>“admin/scientific_review_processes__1__1s”

When I try to load a different meta model/controller/route I have to stop/start the server and it will work. I want to be able to load and unload controllers/models and routes at runtime but I have yet to make this work correctly.

I’m missing something - why is this something that needs to happen at runtime versus at application startup?

The code you show below can’t be the whole solution, since it’s going to be creating routes to controllers that either existed at application startup (in which case the routes could just be in routes.rb) or that are being conjured into existence at runtime (tricky, and likely to cause exciting thread-safety issues on some application servers).

–Matt Jones