copy rails association in 2.3 with clone method

I have a Reminder model, Attachment Model and it has habtm relationship with each other.

So I have a created another table as attachment_reminders table in mysql through migrations and it has reminder_id and attachment_id fields.

In controller I need to copy a record in attachment table and save it in Attachment table. I am able to do that..

But I need to add the same in the attachment_reminders table also. How can I achieve it. Please find my code below

def view_reminder         @reminder = Reminder.find(params[:id2])         @attachments = @reminder.attachments            if request.post?              Reminder.create(:sender=>@reminder.user_id,:recipient=>params[:recipient],:body=>params[:body])              @attachments.each do |at|              rec = at.clone              rec.created_at = Time.now              rec.updated_at = Time.now              rec.save           end         flash[:notice]="Reminder updated successfully"         redirect_to :controller=>"reminde", :action=>"view_reminder", :id2=>params[:id2]       end

I have a Reminder model, Attachment Model and it has habtm relationship with each other.

So I have a created another table as attachment_reminders table in mysql

Is this a copy-paste error? s/b attachments_reminders (both plural), right?

through migrations and it has reminder_id and attachment_id fields.

In controller I need to copy a record in attachment table and save it in Attachment table. I am able to do that..

But I need to add the same in the attachment_reminders table also. How

You should never worry about the attachments_reminders table directly at all. If you add attachments to the @reminder.attachments collection, when you save the @reminder, the attachments will be "attached" automagically. The inverse is also true. You can create new attachments on the reminder by calling @reminder.attachments.build( any arguments here ).

can I achieve it. Please find my code below

def view_reminder        @reminder = Reminder.find(params[:id2])        @attachments = @reminder.attachments           if request.post?             Reminder.create(:sender=>@reminder.user_id,:recipient=>params[:recipient],:body=>params[:body])             @attachments.each do |at|             rec = at.clone             rec.created_at = Time.now             rec.updated_at = Time.now

Nothing in this loop is needed. If you have properly defined your habtm relationship (including correctly-named table) then nothing about this has to be declared like this. You don't need to test for post?, you don't need to do anything besides create or update the main object in your controller, just as if it didn't have any attachments. When you save the main object, all of its related objects are created, updated, saved -- whatever they need.

rec.save          end        flash[:notice]="Reminder updated successfully"        redirect_to :controller=>"reminde", :action=>"view_reminder", :id2=>params[:id2]      end

Walter