controller and model strategies

Hi,

I'm very new to ROR and have aquestion about which stregy to use for using controllers. Lets say i have 3 classes:

order order_lines customer

I would like to build an application where i can create customer. create orders (which has belongs to an customer) and add orderlines (which belongs to an order)

Should i create one controller for each model (eg. order_controller, customer_controller......) or should I just crceate one ordermanagement controller that handles them all.

Please provide me with some pros and cons between the two options and which one you prefer, and way.

//John

I would do an AJAX based cart for this. In this case, since you're not sending complete new page refreshes, but just updating parts of an existing page, you'd probably have a controller for orders, where you can expand / hide / delete / whatever for each order_line. So, you would have a single controller for both order and order_line (not order_line_s_ class).

If, however, you don't use any AJAX, and each click causes a different page to appear, and you want each order_line to appear in its own page, you'd probably like to use REST for keeping your calls standard. Then, you'll have an orders_controller and under it (in the REST path hierarchy) you'd have an order_lines controller.

Customers, being quite independent of the orders would probably get their own controller.

Amir