Consolidating Controllers and Models

I have created a sample blog following the guidance provided in the related Rails screencast. As a standalone application, it works great. However, for integrating with other things I really don't like having 2 controller/model pairs named 'post' and 'comment' respectively. The names are too generic and may conflict with other things that I want to do. Of course, the obvious solution is to simply use other names such as 'blog_post' and 'blog_comment' and maybe that's the best thing to do. However, it occurs to me that the 'comment' controller has only one very small 'create' method in it which I think could easily be consolidated with the contents of the 'post' controller into a single 'blog' controller. I'd like to do something similar with the with the 2 model classes; but, I think that's going to be a much taller order. If I could somehow wind up with the model classes being addressable as something like blog.post and blog.comment that's probably what I would have in mind but I don't know how to do it and I'm not sure that it's worth the effort.

Anyway, my question is this: Is this something I should pursue mostly as an academic exercise; or, should I just forget about it? If I should pursue it, are there suggestions on the best way to deal with the models?

Thanks for any input.

... doug