Condition in validation

Is this right?

validates_uniqueness_of :email, :message => "Email taken", :unless => :email == 'info@mysite.com'

Is this right?

validates_uniqueness_of :email, :message => "Email taken", :unless => :email == 'i...@mysite.com'

no. :unless must be the name of a method that returns whether or not to run the validation

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote: >> Is this right?

>> validates_uniqueness_of :email, :message => "Email taken", :unless => >> :email == 'i...@mysite.com'

> no. :unless must be the name of a method that returns whether or not > to run the validation

> Fred

How would I write a condition that doesn't check the uniqueness of a mail address if the address is 'i...@mysite.com'

you write a method that returns true if the email is that magic value

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

validates_uniqueness_of :email, :message => "Email taken", :unless => "email == 'i...@mysite.com'"

Samer Abukhait wrote:

validates_uniqueness_of :email, :message => "Email taken", :unless => "email == 'i...@mysite.com'"

Nope.

Best,

Unless I am severely mistaken, you can't use :unless as a condition in the validation anyway. It would need to be :if => some_condition, where the some_condition method would return true/false.

Billee D. wrote:

Unless I am severely mistaken, you can't use :unless as a condition in the validation anyway. It would need to be :if => some_condition, where the some_condition method would return true/false.

On Aug 17, 1:22�pm, P�l Bergstr�m <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

It worked with :unless, as described in the API.