comments on HAML ?

I have been asked a couple of times at job interviews if I am familiar with HAML or Liquid so I was wondering if maybe I should start using them and perhaps it would make the views easier to work with.

If I install HAML on a machine where my app is that has alot of regular HTML in the .erb views already, will it still work with those or do I need to convert everything to HAML ? Can I have some views in regular HTML and some in HAML, things mixed like that ?

Any gotchas for using HAML/Liquid with AJAX ? I understand Rails 3 encourages unobtrusive Javascript, but installed the older gem for doing AJAX for the time being as sometimes seem to not get very excited about writing Javascript.

I have been asked a couple of times at job interviews if I am familiar with HAML or Liquid so I was wondering if maybe I should start using them and perhaps it would make the views easier to work with.

If I install HAML on a machine where my app is that has alot of regular HTML in the .erb views already, will it still work with those or do I need to convert everything to HAML ? Can I have some views in regular HTML and some in HAML, things mixed like that ?

You can mix and match pretty much as you want (e.g. haml view rendering a .erb partial or vice-versa)

Fred

I have been asked a couple of times at job interviews if I am

familiar with HAML or Liquid so I was wondering if maybe I should

start using them and perhaps it would make the views easier to work

with.

If I install HAML on a machine where my app is that has alot of

regular HTML in the .erb views already, will it still work with those

or do I need to convert everything to HAML ? Can I have some views in

regular HTML and some in HAML, things mixed like that ?

There is also this online html to haml converter: http://html2haml.heroku.com/

Depending on how complex your markup you may need to edit, but I found this to be pretty good for wholesale converting a number of pages without the drudgery.