Combining partials

Hi,

I have 3 controller/model's (Books, Chapters, Sections) and would like to combine the views into one (list of the books, chapters, sections). Is this possible? Would I be able to use partials even if they have different controllers, or do I have to combine all into a single controller? Any help, tips, advice is appreciated. I am still a beginner.

DC

Dave Castellano wrote in post #968637:

Hi,

I have 3 controller/model's (Books, Chapters, Sections)

What's a controller/model? Controllers and models are separate things, and need not come in pairs.

and would like to combine the views into one (list of the books, chapters, sections). Is this possible?

Depends on the nature of the views.

Would I be able to use partials even if they have different controllers, or do I have to combine all into a single controller?

You can use partials from anywhere. app/views/shared is the usual place to put partials that are used with multiple controllers.

Any help, tips, advice is appreciated. I am still a beginner.

DC

Best,

Just assemble the data you need for the partials in whatever controller you deem appropriate, and in the view render the appropriate partials passing them the data they need. Don't forget that if you have a book object @book then its chapters will be @book.chapters and for each chapter the sections will be chapter.sections (assuming you have set the associations up appropriately, and assuming I am interpreting your problem correctly.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #968709: