Column not in table (legacy database)

I have been pushing my way through the issues regarding using legacy database tables and I am making some progress but have run into a couple of challenges.

The test application I am working with has an employee master file that has a primary key called "emssan". I have an employee job record that has a primary key of "shssn". There is one, and only one, job record for each employee record. I needed to join to the employee master file to get the name to display on the job record so I built this relationship:

class Job < ActiveRecord::Base    set_primary_key "shssn"    def self.table_name() "psts301" end    belongs_to :employee, :foreign_key => "shssn" end

class Employee < ActiveRecord::Base   has_one :job   set_primary_key "emssan"   def self.table_name() "peis301" end   def name     "#{emfnam} #{emlnam}"   end end

When I display the index, I get a list of employees with names. Great. When I take the option to show the record, I get a record returned to view. However, if I take the option to create or edit, I get an error Request Failed (code 500, Internal Error) The log shows the following: Column EMPLOYEE_ID not in table PSTS301

The question is: Why is Rails looking for a key called EMPLOYEE_ID when I set the primary key value to "emssan"? How do I fix this?

Thanks

class Employee < ActiveRecord::Base has_one :job

has_one :job, :foreign_key => “shssn”, :dependent => :destroy

set_primary_key “emssan” def self.table_name() “peis301” end def name “#{emfnam} #{emlnam}” end end

The question is: Why is Rails looking for a key called EMPLOYEE_ID when I set the primary key value to “emssan”? How do I fix this?

You probably need to define the foreign key in the has_one relationship too.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt