classic_pagination error in rails-2.2

uninitialized constant ActionController::Pagination::Inflector

C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:428:in `load_missing_constant' C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:77:in `const_missing' vendor/plugins/classic_pagination/lib/pagination.rb:100:in `validate_options!' vendor/plugins/classic_pagination/lib/pagination.rb:132:in `paginate' app/controllers/info_controller.rb:117:in `photo' -e:2:in `load' -e:2

The Inflector is now ActiveSupport::Inflector. A reminder, if you
needed one, that classic pagination is unmaintained.

Fred

You need to change two lines in the pagination.rb file.

From this:

options[:singular_name] ||= Inflector.singularize(collection_id.to_s) options[:class_name] ||= Inflector.camelize(options[:singular_name])

To this:

options[:singular_name] ||= ActiveSupport::Inflector.singularize(collection_id.to_s) options[:class_name] ||= ActiveSupport::Inflector.camelize(options[:singular_name])

Or install updated plug from git://github.com/hasham2/classic_pagination.git

or by running

script/plugin install git://github.com/hasham2/classic_pagination.git

Thanks everyone for the help. I got classic pagination installed, as well as scaffolding. Still getting errors. NameError in EventsController#index

undefined local variable or method `add_instance_variables_to_assigns' for #<EventsController:0xb777ef2c>

Any ideas? Should I just throw away (or burn) this book and buy something newer? Thanks

Hi, this really depends on the version of Rails installed versus the version of Rails the

book uses. I would recommend the PDF for “Agile Web Development with Rails 3rd”:

http://www.pragprog.com/titles/rails3/agile-web-development-with-rails-third-edition

Good luck,

-Conrad