Capistrano rvm local not on server bundle issue

Hi,

I have rvm running locally and capistrano 2.9.0 installed on my mac, im using ruby ree-1.8.7-2010.02. I can deploy fine which deploys the latest version of the code from git, i am not using rvm on my staging server.

I want the bundler to install the gems so i have added require 'bundler/capistrano' to the top of my deploy.rb file.

When i deploy now i get the following error:

* executing "cd /var/www/rails/xxxxxxxx/site/releases/20120112102943 && bundle install --gemfile /var/www/rails/xxxxxxxxx/site/releases/ 20120112102943/Gemfile --path /var/www/rails/xxxxxxxx/site/shared/ bundle --deployment --quiet --without development test"     servers: ["xxxxxxxxx.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com"]     [xxxxxxxx.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com:12344] executing command ** [out :: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com:12344] sh: bundle: command not found

I have googled around and most of the solutions are for servers running rvm which my server is not.

If i ssh via root or the deploy user and run which bundle i get the correct location /opt/ruby/bin/bundle

Anyone got any suggestions?

JB

Hi,

I have rvm running locally and capistrano 2.9.0 installed on my mac, im using ruby ree-1.8.7-2010.02. I can deploy fine which deploys the latest version of the code from git, i am not using rvm on my staging server.

I want the bundler to install the gems so i have added require 'bundler/capistrano' to the top of my deploy.rb file.

When i deploy now i get the following error:

* executing "cd /var/www/rails/xxxxxxxx/site/releases/20120112102943 && bundle install --gemfile /var/www/rails/xxxxxxxxx/site/releases/ 20120112102943/Gemfile --path /var/www/rails/xxxxxxxx/site/shared/ bundle --deployment --quiet --without development test"    servers: ["xxxxxxxxx.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com"]    [xxxxxxxx.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com:12344] executing command ** [out :: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com:12344] sh: bundle: command not found

I have googled around and most of the solutions are for servers running rvm which my server is not.

If i ssh via root or the deploy user and run which bundle i get the correct location /opt/ruby/bin/bundle

Anyone got any suggestions?