can't update my data base using "update_attributes"

Hello,

I have this problem that my rails application works fine in development environment on my local Linux and windows system but when I uploaded it to work on the server in production environment I have this problem as listed in the pasted log file at the end of this entry: NoMethodError (undefined method `' for nil:NilClass):    /app/controllers/admin_controller.rb:201:in `update'

the support team could not crack this one. I would think that the method "update_attributes" would just work. if I enter a new entry to the data base "mysql" it works fine and also the sort works fine in updating the data base. I have attached the controller file. all the functions work except for the update one and only when it is running on the hosting server under production environment.

I do not understand why it says in the log file nilclass when the return @params is not nil.

Hope someone can help me on this one.

You're using @params, which doesn't exist in rails 2.0. Use params instead It did exist in previous versions. Are you developing against a different version than you are deploying with?

Fred

You've written @params instead of params. There is no @ sign needed.

Thanks,

it did the job. I can't believe I missed that one.

Shai

Frederick Cheung wrote: