Can't find my join table

Hey there,

I was following up on some tutorials about has_many(_and_belongs_to). There it was explain that i should make a join table as such:

create_table 'cards_users', :id => false do |t|   t.column 'card_id', :integer   t.column 'user_id', :integer end

So i did, but now i wanna add a record via my rails console (@a = Cards_users.create :card_id => 1, :user_id => 1) but it keeps telling me, whatever i try with the capitals etc., that Cards_users(and all other options) is an undefined method.

What do i do?:frowning:

Thanks in advance

Close. Try @a = CardUser.new Then @a.card_id = value & @a.user_id = value

Thanks alot, in that case i'd like to ask the following question (since after some tutorials it's still unclear to me)

I've got card_id = 1 and user_id = 1 in my DB now. In my user.rb i've got the has_and_belongs_to_many:cards and in cards i've got has_and_belongs_to_many:users. However, if i get all cards (@cards = Cards.all) and loop through them i don't have a user_id in my loop.

So what i'm actually trying to ask is, how do i get all cards that belong to user 1?

If you have a User in @user then all his cards are available as @user.cards

I think it would be worth your while working through good tutorial such as railstutorial.org which is free to use online. Then you will learn the fundamentals of Rails.

Colin