calling render with query string

Hi all,

In one of my create action in the controller, I am catching a error and trying to show errors on the same page. It was all good when I called render action => 'new'. However, I also wanted to append a query string for consistence purposes. How do I do that with render? For now, I can only call redirect_to and put the error in the flash variable which doesn't seems to be as clean of a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

In one of my create action in the controller, I am catching a error and trying to show errors on the same page. It was all good when I called render action => 'new'. However, I also wanted to append a query string for consistence purposes. How do I do that with render? For now, I can only call redirect_to and put the error in the flash variable which doesn't seems to be as clean of a solution.

render just renders a template - you can't change the query string (without redirecting) because the browser shows the url it accessed. You could change your form to a get form if you wanted to (although that would put all the form parameters in the url)

Fred

Try using the :locals hash that can be passed with render to the view, works fine for me.