Calling another def

Hi    I already have a function   def create      #code here   end

It after execution call its view with same name..Now i have another function create_and_give_resolution    This function is called from submit_to_remote In this function what I need is to call the aboe create def and some other extra code..But when I try like below nothing happens

def create_and_give_resolution      create      #code continues            render :update do |page|      page.redirect_to(:action => 'edit_sd_ticket_ui', :id => 43)      end   end

Is this because create tries to render its view?If I am not calling create I get the desired result..Am I not trying in the right way?Please help me to solve this

Thanks in advance Sijo

Hi   I already have a function def create     #code here end

It after execution call its view with same name..Now i have another function create_and_give_resolution   This function is called from submit_to_remote In this function
what I need is to call the aboe create def and some other extra code..But
when I try like below nothing happens

It's probably to do with the bit of create you've removed.

Fred

Why can't you just put the create_and_give_resolution code inside the create?

I think i cudn't make you understand..I shall explain a bit more..Create function is the function i already have And I am calling that function from a view with link_to So now in addition to create I have to give a resolution also.That I am calling by clicking another link which is a submit_to_remote.So I created a seperate function create_and_give_resolution..In that I just call create (to avoid repitition) And after that add resolution and all(which is not needed in the original create function) And then redirect_to another page..But this did not work.Because the create function has a view with same and at the bottom create def I am redirectiong as redirect_to(:action => 'edit_sd_ticket_ui', :id => @service_desk_ticket.id)

So here I am in a situation to reuse the full code inside create but not redirect to the action Rather came back to create_and_give_resolution and executing remaing portion ...How can I do this..I think now you got it

Sijo

I think i cudn't make you understand..I shall explain a bit
more..Create function is the function i already have And I am calling that function from a view with link_to So now in addition to create I have to
give a resolution also.That I am calling by clicking another link which is a submit_to_remote.So I created a seperate function create_and_give_resolution..In that I just call create (to avoid repitition) And after that add resolution and all(which is not
needed in the original create function) And then redirect_to another page..But this did not work.Because the create function has a view with same and at the bottom create def I am redirectiong as redirect_to(:action => 'edit_sd_ticket_ui', :id => @service_desk_ticket.id)

So here I am in a situation to reuse the full code inside create but not redirect to the action Rather came back to create_and_give_resolution and executing remaing portion ...How can
I do this..I think now you got it

factor out the common code into a function you call from both create
and create_and_give resolution.

Fred