Blog engine without all the template and front-end stuff?

I want to incorporate a blog into my site, however, I don't want all the front-end, templating stuff that goes along with it. Simply, I want the admin management of the blog and then I will work the postings into the front-end.

I have looked at Mephisto, Comatose, Typo, etc. and they all seem too heavyweight with themes and such. Nice applications but more than what I need.

Short of writing this myself, is there a simple, lightweight blogging engine out there for RoR that doesn't impose all the front end stuff?

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Have you looked at SimpleLog? http://simplelog.net/

A Ruby on Rails weblog application that helps you focus on writing above all else. SimpleLog has all the features you want in a weblogging applicaton wrapped in an efficiently designed interface that eliminates clutter. By focusing on simplicity and usability, SimpleLog allows you to spend your time writing, rather than managing a convoluted CMS.

Cheers, Rob

Hey Rob,

SimpleLog does have a nice admin interface but I am looking for more of a plugin. I have an existing application that I want to add a blog to, rather than an entire site devoted to a Blog. Also, I don't want to use themes, I already have all the CSS and site layout done.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott wrote:

Hey Rob,

SimpleLog does have a nice admin interface but I am looking for more of a plugin. I have an existing application that I want to add a blog to, rather than an entire site devoted to a Blog. Also, I don't want to use themes, I already have all the CSS and site layout done.

Thanks,

Scott   

Hi Scott,

I'm sure you've thought of it, but one of the original pitches that came packaged with Rails was "Creating a weblog in 15 minutes" and it used 58 lines of code. Would that be of interest to you?

Cheers, Mohit. 6/23/2007 | 12:17 AM.

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

Scott wrote:   

Hey Rob,

Thanks,

Scott   

Hi Scott,

I'm sure you've thought of it, but one of the original pitches that came packaged with Rails was "Creating a weblog in 15 minutes" and it used 58 lines of code. Would that be of interest to you?

Ruby on Rails — A web-app framework that includes everything needed to create database-backed web applications according to the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern.

...and while searching for what you wanted, I stumbled across this to keep you busy in the week after the first 15 minutes: http://abscond.org/entry/show/2347

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Mohit. 6/23/2007 | 12:22 AM.