Best Book

Hi there,

What is the best book of Rails???

Or the top sellers, thanks…

Felipe Amaral wrote:

What is the best book of Rails???

Or the top sellers, thanks..

What did Google [rails book] tell you?

It´s only a question… about the BEST book, and not the best google tips… thanks…

I think it depends on your goals, and current skillset.

I liked the Ruby for Rails book, because it helped me understand WHY things happen.

I think the Agile book is better for showing you HOW to do things. It also has more info about Rails. There's also a new version coming out real soon.

Felipe Amaral wrote:

It´s only a question... about the BEST book, and not the best google tips... thanks...

It's also frequently asked here. I only frequently ask questions that Google can't answer. I'm aware this policy may someday deprive the Google archives of the answers to FAQs, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Felipe,

> What is the best book of Rails???

Check here: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/search?hl=en&group=rubyonrails-talk&q=best+book&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

Alain

As other responders said, check prior threads.

I didn't respond on those, so I'll put in a vote for _Ruby for Rails_ now. I knew nothing about Ruby when coming to Rails and RfR explains, clearly and objectively, how Ruby and Rails mesh and work. I feel I've got a much better understanding than after having read the Agile Web Dev. book.

That said, you should run and get the Agile Web book second because nothing will compare to the broad Rails knowledge therein.

HTH, Mike