Authlogic and Sessions

trying out Authlogic for the first time (joined the mail list but apparently the first message is moderated and it's been hours)...

created db sessions but when I log in, no entry is added to sessions db

Maybe it's because my 'user' model is named 'member' and thus I substituted /user/member/ and /User/Member/ but I wouldn't think so.

I can login and save passwords but cannot get value from 'current_member' or any session variables either.

Should I be creating a member_sessions table in the db or does the standard Rails sessions table handle this function? I ask because it is empty.

Craig

No, you do not need to create a model named member. User is sufficient. But you have create user_session model a user_sessions controller.

Try doing exactly as said in this- http://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic_example/

Let us know if you are facing problems still.

I found ryanb's railscast video helpful too: #160 Authlogic - RailsCasts

Hello.

Try adding this line to config/environment.rb in config block:

config.action_controller.session_store = :active_record_store

Hello.

Try adding this line to config/environment.rb in config block:

config.action_controller.session_store = :active_record_store

> Hello. > > Try adding this line to config/environment.rb in config block: > > config.action_controller.session_store = :active_record_store ---- yes, this was needed. I think I expected that this was going to be added automatically when I ran 'rake db:sessions:create' command but now at least it is adding sessions to the sessions table.

> > Hello. > > > > Try adding this line to config/environment.rb in config block: > > > > config.action_controller.session_store = :active_record_store > ---- > yes, this was needed. I think I expected that this was going to be added > automatically when I ran 'rake db:sessions:create' command but now at > least it is adding sessions to the sessions table. ---- my questions are still not coming out on the authlogic list...

Each link I touch on my web site creates an identical session record in sessions table... (identical session_id and data columns)

and if I don't disable 'protect_from_forgery', I get InvalidAuthenticityToken error upon login.

Perhaps this is caused by my using 'Member' instead of 'User' and 'MemberSessions' instead of 'UserSessions' throughout but I wouldn't think so.

Something in my sessions is not working correctly

also, FTR... I found 'config.action_controller.session_store = :active_record_store' commented out in config/initializers/session_store.rb and uncommented that one and commented out the added entry in config/environment.rb.