Authlogic Administration

Hi guys, i've created user authentication using Authlogic and it works like a charm!! But how can i use authlogic to authorize my administrator so that he can se a diffenent menu? All admin controllers and views are i a separate folder app/admin.

Thanx in advance Kostas L.

Kostas Lps wrote:

Hi guys, i've created user authentication using Authlogic and it works like a charm!! But how can i use authlogic to authorize my administrator so that he can se a diffenent menu?

You might like to use something like rails_authorization.

Best,

Hi Marmen, and thanx for the fast response! You say that i cant do admin authorize with Authlogic or is it better to use rails_authorization instead Authlogic?? i have just inserted Authlogic to my app and i dont want to change it again. Thanx again

Hi, I just set up acl9. It is very simple to set up, the syntax is simple and nice. It depends how complex authorisation you want to use. I found Acl9 to be refered as authorisation for simple cases... but as I found it is possible to cover quite nice set of needs.

bw, Gyuri

Hi guys! Thank u all for your answers. I will check them out! Probably i will use acl9 cause i want to use some simple authotization. Thanx for your time!! Best Kostas