Authenticaton and authorisation tutorial

Hi All,

I'm new to Ruby and Rails. Everything I've done before has been in Java. Some time ago I created a website (http://www.thebirthnews.com) in RoR which needed authentication, authorisation, file uploads and a few more things. I gleaned much of the knowledge from the web and adapted it for my purposes. In the process I implemented some things which will no doubt be handy to many Ruby on Rails people. So I wrote a tutorial on how to do authentication and authorisation. This works like this: user signs up -> user gets e-mail with two links (delete me and activate me) -> user clicks activate link and is taken to the sign in page with a message displaying saying he can now sign in. The user can also request a new password which is e-mailed to him. Passwords are stored in a hashed form. User IDs are globally unique identifiers, not integers incrementing from 1. Some webmail e-mail adresses, like hotmail, are not accepted for registration purposes. All the code is supplied. Note that much of this is not original work, just what others did before, but adapted. The tutorial is here: Ruby on Rails Authentication with EMail Confirmation Tutorial | Database Applications The code is available for download and you can leave comments.

Hope some of you find this useful.