Asset Host Authentication

I'm having a problem using assets generated by actions that require authentication. For each asset server i must authenticate with the server. Is there a way to automate the authentication process? Or even authenticate for each asset host at the same time as the initial login.

Thanks, joe

Any thoughts?

Hi Joe,

I'm having a problem using assets generated by actions that require authentication. For each asset server i must authenticate with the server. Is there a way to automate the authentication process? Or even authenticate for each asset host at the same time as the initial login.

If you're talking HTTP authentication, then there isn't a way around that. Each server is uniquely keyed and requires separate authentication. You'll need some sort of session-based authentication instead.

The thing is, it's on the same server. I have separate sub domains so that the browser can open more than 2 requests at a time. Here are the domains i have set up on the same server.

asset0.mydomain.com asset1.mydomain.com asset2.mydomain.com

with the main host being

webapp.mydomain.com

I'm processing images using RMagick in an action and some of these images can be confidential. So it must be done in an action. The problem is that for each asset host it prompts me with an HTTP basic authentication box. I imagine this might have something to do with the cookie store and domain. Any thoughts with this new information?

Anyone?