assert_recognizes with requirements => {:method => something}

I'm having trouble with my routing, and was wondering if anyone else had seen something similar.

I've got these two routes: map.login '/login', :controller => 'sessions', :action => 'new', :requirements => { :method => :get } map.connect '/login', :controller => 'sessions', :action => 'create', :requirements => { :method => :post }

and I have these tests: a. assert_recognizes({:controller => 'sessions', :action => 'new'}, {:path => '/login', :method => :get})

b. assert_recognizes({:controller => 'sessions', :action => 'create'}, {:path => '/login', :method => :post})

I get the failure messages: a. The recognized options <{"action"=>"new", "method"=>:get, "controller"=>"sessions"}> did not match <{"action"=>"new", "controller"=>"sessions"}>, difference: <{"method"=>:get}>

b. The recognized options <{"action"=>"new", "method"=>:get, "controller"=>"sessions"}> did not match <{"action"=>"create", "controller"=>"sessions"}>, difference: <{"action"=>"create", "method"=>:post}>

I have two problems: 1. In the API for AssertRouting, it shows these calls without { :method => xxx } in the first argument. Changing the first call to assert_recognizes({:controller => 'sessions', :action => 'new', :method => :get}, {:path => '/login', :method => :get}) works, but I feel like I shouldn't need to do that.

2. Even if I change the second call to assert_recognizes({:controller => 'sessions', :action => 'create', :method => :post}, {:path => '/login', :method => :post}) it still fails with the same error. It's as though Rails is ignoring the requirements of the first route.

Thanks in advance for any help, Gaius

In case anyone is wondering, the key here is the difference between :requirements and :conditions. The routes should actually look like

a. map.login '/login', :controller => 'sessions', :action => 'new', :conditions => { :method => :get }

b. map.connect '/login', :controller => 'sessions', :action => 'create', :conditions => { :method => :post }

:conditions only works on :method, and :requirements only works on everything else

-Gaius