ArgumentError

Hello,

I'm currently getting the following error on all my requests:

Started GET "/" for 192.168.33.82 at Thu Apr 07 00:39:29 -0700 2011 ArgumentError (wrong number of arguments (1 for 0)):

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this. I'm running Rails3 from an Apache2 server on an Ubuntu system. For some weird reason, the application also refuses to run in development mode and keeps dumping everything in the production log... so I have no stacktraces available.

If you are using Apache as the web server for your Rails app you probably using Passenger as the plugin to Apache to make that happen. That plugin runs your rails app by default in production mode. The application is expecting something on your requests that it is not getting which is why you are getting the ArgumentError. Without more information I couldn’t tell you what it is. However, I can tell you how to run your app in dev mode. If go to where the application is deployed on the server you should still be able to run it under the Mongrel web server which comes with Rails. Run rails server from your application root and you should get a copy of the app running on port 3000. You can then test out your requests by accessing the app on that port and get the stack trace in the dev log.

Good Luck.

B.

Yeah,

figured it out now how to properly configure it. Problem was a keyword beeing used as method on a controller :S

Still used to Rails 2, and this Rails 3 is giving me some challenges, but I'm enjoying it.