apt fails to install rails 2.1.0

Hey all,

I'm runnin Ubuntu 7.10 tryin to get the latest of rails up n running. Whenever I run apt-get install rails --include-dependencies, it installs just fine, however its installing 1.2.4

Problem!

if I try to just do it the gem install rails -v=2.1.0 way, it also installs fine, but environment.rb says its still running 1.2.4

If I run apt-get remove rails, it uninstalls but then I no longer have the ability to run 'rails -d mysql fake_project'

It'll choke and say rails isn't installed blah blah install it via apt-get install rails.

So question being, how do I get the environment running 2.1.0?

Thanks for any suggestions,

- Br1ck

Well gem update is wat u can use u can first uninstall gem uninstall rails and remove the old version..then run gem install rails and it will install the latest stable version..try it and I m sure it will work

thanks

Dhaval Parikh Software Engineer

sales(AT)railshouse(DOT)com

Hey all,

I'm runnin Ubuntu 7.10 tryin to get the latest of rails up n running. Whenever I run apt-get install rails --include-dependencies, it installs just fine, however its installing 1.2.4

I don't think anyone lets apt/the platform package manager handle rails as they're always a little way behind.

Problem!

if I try to just do it the gem install rails -v=2.1.0 way, it also installs fine, but environment.rb says its still running 1.2.4

You need to change environment.rb to say that you want 2.1.0 - it won't change that for you.

Fred