ApplicationController

I am pretty new to RoR - and sometimes I think I still code ASP but using RoR syntax - when I look at the oder code examples - I feel far away from "aaaah, I get it!". Most of the time I can't find things in the Api references - it is a bit complicated to find things here. I also ask myself why to use classes? My code looks like asp classic :slight_smile: I hope this will change over the next weeks and month.

I'm coming to this thread late, but I just wanted to add that one the things that comes up often for us former Microsoft developers, is translating our old way of thinking about web site programming into the Rails way. For example, some ASP developers look for an equivalent to the ASP Application object and think that ApplicationController is the equivalent, or using global variables are equivalent, but they are not.

So I just wanted to say, don't give up, keep at it, and pretty soon you'll get that "aaah, I get it!" experience. And once you do, you'll NEVER want to go back to ASP again. :slight_smile:

Jeff www.softiesonrails.com