Apache + fastcgi and rails in vendor

Hi

I want to run my new shiny rail application with apache. Running my application using cgi works but is very slow. So I want to switch to fastcgi.

I downloaded and installed mod_fcgid and have apache running my fcgi scripts. Now my problems start :frowning:

I'm running apache on an ubuntu system. The ubuntu packed for ruby and RoR is not the most recent. As I need the most recent rails version and I can't install anything that is not an ubuntu package I currently running rails from vendor directory of my application.

My current situation: - apache is executing my dispatch.fcgi - dispatch.fcgi is failing on the line with "require 'fcgi_handler'"

As I could read on several pages about ruby on rails with fastcgi I guess I need fastcgi support for rails. I can't install it via ruby gems at this won't put it into my vendor directory. In fact I'm not even allowed to install ruby gems itself (as there is no ubuntu package).

How can I add fcgi support to my RoR installed in vendor?

Thanks for any hint or documentation

Alex

Hi all

I figured it out on my own. I had to install fastcgi library for ruby and everything is working as expected.

If someone could explain how everything is working together (ruby, rails and gems) this would be helpfull

alex