Any opinions on Railsplayground.com

As far as ease of use, service / support , those types of things .

TIA Stuart

Dark Ambient wrote:

As far as ease of use, service / support , those types of things .

TIA Stuart

Although I've just signed up at RailsPlayground.com and HostingRails.com but haven't test driven them yet for Rails. So far, they both seem responsive.

Sorry, I can't be much help! Cheers Mohit.

a customer coming up for one year, i use it only as an extra space now (ping is a wee bit high for me in the UK & gone the vps route anyhow) but great support of the 'bend over backwards' variety, pretty active forums too, which are regularly frequented by the chap that operates the service (Joe - who definitely goes the extra mile). great value too.

hth

I've been with them a few months and agree with just about everything said here. Good service, no issues.

--dwf

Wanted to thank everyone for the feedback. In the meatime right as I was going to start the process my current hosting company has just started up a Rails server. Since I’m not ready for traffic it will be a good transition time to see if they provide the same quality service as they have with php.

Stuart

My hosting company has rails also through Apache/mod_fcgi. Seems decent for up to a medium-traffic site. The only drawback is that they don't have all the gems I want. But they're so cool I'm sure they would install pretty much any gem I wanted. http://www.hostmatters.com

Dark Ambient wrote: