Just letting you all know that I've just made the first release of Hobo
(version 0.4, MIT license)
--- Learn more, see the 10 minute screencast
--- and get Hobo at http://hobocentral.net
What is Hobo?
* Hobo extends Rails is a number of ways, to let you build full
blown web applications very quickly and easily.
* Hobo lets you add dynamic Ajax interfaces to your application
with no extra programming.
* Hobo gives your application switchable themes, so you can
have an elegant design right out of the box.
* DRYML, an extension to ERB with user-defined tags
* A generic controller that eliminates a great deal of your
* A declarative permission system for Active Record
* Much more
Who is it for?
* Hobo can speed up the creation of rich, complex web
applications as well as simple internal apps and rapid
* Hobo is a great way for newcomers to Ruby on Rails to learn
and practice agile, iterative application development.
- Tom Locke