ajax will_paginate

Hi, I have an index page with searchbox and with pagination, it worked well when I tried to make pagination with javascript, itworked for the first page but not the second I think the problem is to pass the value of the search box to the script of pagination here is my code:

Maybe what you want is something more like:

if params[:q]

@posts = Posts.find_with_q.paginate…

else

@posts = Posts.all.paginate…

end

respond_to do |format|

end

So your rendering isn’t gated by whether there is a ‘q’ parameter; it only determines what gets set into @posts.

… except with the right model name …

Thx for the answer but my problem is when I have a query, I am unable to go to the second page I get @posts as nil object, it is like paginating with ajax do not submit the query when changing the page

rgds,

State your problem more clearly, as I don’t understand. Better, post the code you have and what you’re actually expecting.

I already posed my code, I have a paginated list with will_paginate obtained with a search query the first page is shown correctly but the second is not shown with the js code because the query is not submitted for the second page with ajax code the params[:q] is nil when I navigate to the second page def index **if !params[:q].nil? **

@posts = Post.find_with_q.paginate(:per_page => 10, :page =>  params[:page])

respond_to do |format|
    format.html # index.html.erb
    format.json { render json: @posts }
    format.js
  end

end

end

Hi! I think this will help you http://railscasts.com/episodes/240-search-sort-paginate-with-ajax

Yes, I found that too while googling,I think it is helpful Thx