Ajax, jQuery

I am not sure where I should post this since this seems to be an "interdisciplinary" problem

I am having trouble communicating between my javascript and my Rails app.

Here's the snipped of code from my controller - - -   def poll     p params     puts "Got here:"     # debugger     @some_object = 12345     respond_to do |format|       format.json { render :layout => false, :json => @some_object }     end   end - - -

I see - - - {"comment"=>"ch", "_method"=>"PUT", "action"=>"poll", "controller"=>"reviews", "_"=>"1275680223825"} Got here: - - - in the Webrick console log

Here's the relevant javascript: - - - - pollWithAjax = function() {   $.ajax(     {       // Define AJAX properties.       type: "GET",       url: "/poll",       dataType: "script",       data: { _method: 'PUT', "comment": 'ch' },       timeout: (10 * 1000),       beforeSend: function(xhr) {xhr.setRequestHeader("Accept", "application/json")},

// Define the succss method.       success: function(){         alert('pollWithAjax Success')       },

// Define the error method.       error: function( objAJAXRequest, strError, errorThrown ){         alert("pollWithAjax Error! Type: " + strError);       }     }   ); }; - - - -

The "error:" function returns with the value of strError being "error".

This is what FireBug says my headers look like - - - Response Headersview source Request Headersview source Host localhost:3000 User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) Accept application/json Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7 Keep-Alive 115 Connection keep-alive X-Requested-With XMLHttpRequest Referer http://localhost:3000/products/1 Cookie _store_session=BAh7CDoPc2Vzc2lvbl9pZCIlZDZhNDMyMjI2OTNhMTAzNTQxZjVmNTA5MDIwOTc1MDUiCmZsYXNoSUM6J0FjdGlvbkNvbnRyb2xsZXI6OkZsYXNoOjpGbGFzaEhhc2h7AAY6CkB1c2VkewA6EF9jc3JmX3Rva2VuIjFnREJwbW9Oam02NFArWWxla1dXUE1OMmk2eU9EUk9lWnhDMDF4WHA0QUtFPQ%3D%3D--582cb4d8997a9876030fa55e15d37e12177b02db - - -

When I click on the response tab in Firebug, I see nothing.

Am I setting up the headers incorrectly?

Ralph Shnelvar wrote:

I am not sure where I should post this since this seems to be an "interdisciplinary" problem

[...]

Now that you've shown us your code, please explain how the actual behavior of your app differs from what you want it to do. Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Ralph Shnelvar wrote:

[...]

Now that you've shown us your code, please explain how the actual behavior of your app differs from what you want it to do. Best, -- Marnen Laibow-Koser http://www.marnen.org marnen@marnen.org

I would like a success return and the data returned.

The return is now taking the error return.