acts_as_versioned and Rails 2.1

Hello

Is anyone having issues with acts_as_versioned and Rails 2.1 ?

On saving an Active Record object using acts_as_versioned

"NoMethodError: You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!"

and:

from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.0/lib/active_record/attribute_methods.rb:211:in `version='         from /Users/toby/rorbar/olhc_website/vendor/plugins/acts_as_versioned/lib/acts_as_versioned.rb:431:in `send'         from /Users/toby/rorbar/olhc_website/vendor/plugins/acts_as_versioned/lib/acts_as_versioned.rb:431:in `set_new_version'

The partial updates feature in 2.1 caused a conflict with the the way acts_as_versioned handles it's own change history. Check out the latest master on github as this has been resolved:

http://github.com/technoweenie/acts_as_versioned/tree/master

check out the latest version on github, there is a conflict with the way 2.1 handles partial attributes and acts_as_versioned which has now been resolved.

The partial updates feature in 2.1 caused a conflict with the the way acts_as_versioned handles it's own change history. Check out the latest master on github as this has been resolved:

GitHub - technoweenie/acts_as_versioned: ActiveRecord plugin for versioning your models.

Thanks very much, Tekin!

Not working for me, I have to say. "gem install acts_as_versioned" only installs the documentation, and none of the CVS links provided by this "git" thing work.

If I’m wrong, please let me know by all means, but only if you can provide a working link.

Thanks, -M

toby privett wrote:

mark you could just go to github and download the tarbal and untar it into your vendor plugins directory if you are having trouble getting git to work for you.