acts as attachment 1.1.6 crashing my application

hello, hopefully this makes it to the right people!! :smiley:

This morning I installed rmagick and imagemagick successfully, tested
and all that. Everything is good.

Then I went on to install acts_as_attachment, everything seemed good,
rake test_plugins didnt show any errors, then as soon as I tried to
access my application I get the Application Error page. I tried
rebooting the webserver, and it still happens. The weird thing is that
as soon as I uninstall the plugin, rebooth the webserver, everything
works again.

I installed Acts As Attachment 1.1.6 on WinXP - ruby 1.8.4 / rails
1.1.6

I would really love to get this working today so I can move forward
with the rest of the development, im still a little new though.. so
bare with me if its totally obvious.

my plugins folder has "acts_as_attachment-1.1.6" where the files are
located.

I am also unsure of how to use "ruby script/plugin install
acts_as_attachment" to get the 1.1.6 version, today I just simple used
SVN to checkout the direct link to that version, but am unaware of how
to do it through command line.

Thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out!!

what's the error message? check the logs. this should be you first
stop always.

hey, thanks for replying, so the error message was the standard Error
that is default on all rails apps;

"Application error
Rails application failed to start properly"

I checked the log files, and it appears they are not even being written
to for this specific error. All im doing is loading either the
acts_as_attachment, or acts_as_attachment-1.1.6.

My process is I access the application uri, then it spits out that
error, then I try to refresh or access another section of the
application and it just hangs the browser trying to load without
showing any errors or writing to the log file or anything. Ive left it
for over 4 minutes, and im just confused now heh..

Hopefully that is enough info to maybe think of something, but
imagemagick and rmagick both seem to be working properly..

I will post more tomorrow if you need anything else, ill let you know
if I get it working or not.. hopefully haha..

-thanks!

No, that's not enough. There's a real error triggering that.

hah figured as much.. now.. when I check my development.log im not
seeing anything really except the last request made, which was it
"working" before I added the plugin..

im using Apache. ill keep looking, keep in touch though cause Im super
stoked to get this up and running heh.

ps. I went through all the Rmagick and ImageMagick tests and they all
worked perfectly.

This error is occuring over and over when I perform tests on the
plugin.

Exception working with image: ImageMagick library function failed to
return a result.

im lost..

hey… im still not able to get my application running, the only thing I can do after a fresh install is reboot, and then I get the application error, even accessing pages without acts_as_attachment included.

I have some info from various logos.

apache:

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 109)The pipe has been ended. : FastCGI: comm with server “path_here/public/dispatch.fcgi” aborted: GetOverlappedResult() failed, referer: http://localhost/path_here
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “path_here/public/dispatch.fcgi”, referer: http://localhost/path_here
[warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server (pid 4364) terminated with exit with status ‘1’

so yeah… totally messed up… I honestly do “ruby script/plugin install acts_as_attachment-
1.1.6”, it installs, then I reboot apache webserver, and try to access my application.

as soon as I remove the folder, and restart apache, the application works again.

Let me know if you can think of anything, im still kinda new to this language, so it might be something super simple I dont know about yet.

Thanks!